Aftermarket exhaust... - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums > Hummer H2 Discussion > H2 Technical Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

H2Fanatic.com is the premier GMC Hummer Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-17-2003, 06:11 PM   #1
Patriot

Aftermarket exhaust...

OK...so which is the best??? I know some won't fit with the air package (which I have).

Looking for aggressive sound but not overboard.
Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2003, 12:06 PM   #2
mbanks21

Exhausts

Hey bro I put a Borla exhaust on my H2 and that thing growls like you wouldnt believe, it sounds sweet...runs around $1050 though.
mbanks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 03:55 PM   #3
carrerarod

Re: Exhausts

I did a big body Magnaflow and had custom plumbing done for a dual exhaust:

carrerarod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2003, 03:33 PM   #4
Grim_Smoker

I'll have my JBA Headers and Corsa Sport Exhaust on tomorrow, I'll let you know how it sounds, supposed to sound good.

-Grim
Grim_Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 12:16 AM   #5
whipplecharged

Check out www.xtremeflow.com. They make a nice replacement exhaust system for the H2 and it has been proven and tested they also have several upgrades. The Xtremeflow H2 was the prototype for the Whipplesupercharger production kit and the flash programming.
whipplecharged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 10:07 PM   #6
H2 Daddy

I have had enough of vendors putting in a plug for their products on just about every damm thread. I usally don't say anything, I just ignore the issue and move on. But I am getting tired of reading vendor plugs.

H2 owners use this forum to talk to each other about their H2. Not read vendor plugs. I am looking for headers, mufflers, and a computer upgrade. So I am reading all the exhaust threads and every thread has multiple plugs. One thread even has two vendors fighting with each other.

I hope you can get control of your forum Troy. I am out of here. For the rest of the owners, there are other forums.
H2 Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 12:12 PM   #7
H2Bill

H2 Daddy....If you are a serious offroader make sure that you check out how the exhaust systems are made. I have SMA's stainless steel system and when you drive over rough or washboard roads, rocks, lots of bumps, etc. the bolts will stretch from the weight of the system. I replaced the bolts with aircraft grade bolts, and now the flanges are bending! Both of these problems result in the exhaust rattling against the skid plate. There is not a place to put another hanger towards the front of the system, so it counts that out. You will need really heavy duty flanges with the stainless exhaust.
H2Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 02:34 PM   #8
whipplecharged

H2 Daddy,

If you are talking about my reply. Sorry you took it as adverising. If you look at other posts made I have talked about the things I have added and my opinion.

I bought their products, they worked great and they gave me a good deal them. Just letting others know about their parts and options.

So sorry if it came across wrong....
whipplecharged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 08:07 PM   #9
Polaknuts

hey H2Bill

Hey man

I just bought the sma exhaust. Any advice on what you were talking about that may help avoid this sit. before I install. I never would have thought about that.
Polaknuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 10:47 AM   #10
H2Bill

Polaknuts.. I would never have thought of it either for such an expensive system. I think that the only way to prevent the problem is to try and rig some sort of hanger up by the front flange to help hold the weight of the system. The flange certainly looks like it's heavy duty but it does bend as you tighten the bolts. I don't know if there is a way of reinforcing the flange or not. The stock bolts will stretch as I previously mentioned. (BTW I have the Edelbrock headers).
Old 08-02-2003, 09:00 PM   #11
Polaknuts

H2bill, would you suggest I keep the exhaust? Do you like it,sound performance etc.? I guess even more importantly, did you install it first or after the other goodies. I am getting ready to install the exhaust,breathless intake, gran mass air flow sensor. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Polaknuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 12:11 PM   #12
H2Bill

It is a really great sounding system and good quality. If you are going to do some serious off-roading then I would see about reinforcing the flange. I am sure that a good welding/machine shop could do the work.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:42 PM   #13
AlexSoCal

I originaly bought the Banks system, and had problems with resonance inside the cabin between 1500- 2500 RPM, the manufacturer could not fix the problem and returned my money.

Bought the Borla exhaust and I'm much happier with the sound & power, I almost bought the Corsa, but the Borla came next day for $10.00 shipping
AlexSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 09:14 AM   #14
So Cal H2

Patriot
I have the Flowmaster Cat back system and I am Very Happy with it. It has a resonator before the muffler to eliminate cabin droon works great quiet at freeway speeds. Loud out the tailpipe. Cost only $364.39
So Cal H2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 06:49 AM   #15
fnff3354

Before you go nuts, I USED to sell H2 parts. I have 2 H2's but I sold the business. Been doing this on Vettes, SUV's, PT's etc for 50 years. I have always been the guinea pig for items I wanted to sell. I test them for quality, value features and benefits BEFORE I take them on in my warehouse.

Concerning Exhaust, I have tested Magnaflow, Corsa, Borla, Bassani, Xtreme Flow, and custom. The results are very clear.

Bassani and Corsa are BY FAR the best available. I didn't even sell Corsa. Here's the results UNBIASEDLY:

Bassani - 11 horsepower; 92 decibels; approx. $575. Great sound
great fit, no welding, very durable; excellent quality

Corsa - 10 horsepower; 94 decibels; approx. $650. Great sound;
great fit; very durable; good quality.

Borla - 7 horsepower, 91 decibels; approx. $695; hisses at 3000 rpm; fair fit, fair quality... too much NAME, too little quality.

Xtreme Flow [SMA] - 8 horsepower; 91 decibels; approx. $650;
needs welded, not complete; I sold them only because we got requests for them. Dennis is a good guy. Their product isn't.

Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Gibson etc.....save your money.

I hope that wasn't too commercial. I don't sell them. I'm just honest about them. Buy Bassani. If you can't find them, buy Corsa.

So there
fnff3354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement