Volant Air Intake - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

Go Back   Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums > Hummer H2 Discussion > H2 Technical Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

H2Fanatic.com is the premier GMC Hummer Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-17-2003, 07:31 PM   #1
Mikei

Question Volant Air Intake

Has anyone installed the Volant Air Intake System? Anybody have any problems? I installed mine and I noticed a decrease in horsepower and a sluggish acceleration. Help or hints would be appreciated. Yes, I've already called Volant and they are looking for feedback from us.
Thanks,
Mike
Mikei is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2003, 10:13 PM   #2
AZHummer

Volant air box

Hi Ya,
I have one in my H2 and it works fine. I have the cat back exhaust as well. The computer has to learn your new setup. It should come to life. How many miles since you put it on?
AZHummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 10:18 PM   #3
AZHummer

Volant air box

Hi Ya,
I have one in my H2 and it works fine. I have the cat back exhaust as well. The computer has to learn your new setup. It should come to life. How many miles since you put it on?
AZHummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2003, 11:39 PM   #4
Mikei

Volant Air Box

Hi AZHummer,
I've had it on for about 75 miles now. I have about 4900 miles on vehicle. I originally had it on then removed it when I was having problems, then just recently had the dealer reinstall it and check to see if any new codes from MAF sensor. I still feel slight hesitation. How long have you had yours installed? How long was the learning process and did you experience any symtoms? Thanks again for your help.
Mike
Old 10-20-2003, 11:36 AM   #5
MilWhippedHumR

Hey all, We've installed a couple of similar air intake systems from a couple of different vendors here at our dealership, and so far, we ahven't been pleased with ANY of them, for the price you pay, It doesn't seem to run very different than that of a stock model, Some systems IE; airaid, K&N, seemed to make the truck run worse, but wouldn't trip any codes. I wouldn't bother, but I will give a thumbs up to aftermarket exhuast systems, the right one will show a noticable increase in HP and sounds much better.

I suggest Corsa Sport Exhuast (endorsed by GM)

but other systems I've seen work well also, just stay away from one DYNO-Proven exhuasts seem to rot through rather quickly

Good Luck
MilWhippedHumR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 01:07 PM   #6
Mikei

Volant Air Box

Thanks MilWhippedHumR.
Yeah I noticed slight decrease in performance vs. stock box. I do have the Corsa Sport Exhaust installed and it sounds and performs great.
I will keep eye on unit and maybe remove Volant if it becomes to noticable.
Thanks Again.
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement