Supercharger - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

Go Back   Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums > Hummer H2 Discussion > H2 Technical Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

H2Fanatic.com is the premier GMC Hummer Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-24-2003, 10:06 AM   #1
AZHummer

Supercharger

I am thinking of putting a supercharger on the H2. I was looking at the Wipple. Does anyone have some thoughts on this issue?
AZHummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2003, 11:02 AM   #2
whipplecharged

I am a 6 year Whipple Tech and have had alot of experiance with several different superchargers. I just had a customer do install's on 2 H2's one with a Whipple and one with a Magnacharger. The Whipple made 36 more HP with less boost than the Magnacharger. I can fax you the results from both dyno test if forward me a fax number.

Thanks
whipplecharged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 11:08 AM   #3
AZHummer

Thanks for the reply. Did Whipple fix the fuel management issue? Do they use an FMU ?do they replace the stock injectors? Why doesn't it need an intercooler? Does the thermastat need to be replaced? Oh Boy, I can go on and on. Is there a site I can go to get all this inside info from?

Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2003, 11:17 AM   #4
whipplecharged

Whipple uses there own interface ECU that they developed. There was never a fuel issue it was Torque management. There is no reason to replace the stock injectors Whipple uses 2 extra injectors on there system. The Whipple doesn't need an intercooler it has a lower discharge temp and is a more efficient supercharger than the roots type. So what that means is that you can make more HP with the Whipple twin screw supercharger than the Magnacharger roots type. But whipple is going to come out with an intercooler that you can add later to their kit. But look at www.xtremeflow.com for more info.

Thanks
Old 05-24-2003, 11:26 AM   #5
AZHummer

Mr Whipple, again thanks for your input. What about the worries that some have about the drive train stress's caused by instant boost? Also does the ecu interface plug into the interior plug or is it a feed thru type system in the engine compartment. I did go to extreme but they just say what the kit has. I wonder where I can see an installation manual?
Old 05-24-2003, 11:45 AM   #6
whipplecharged

The Whipple ECU taps on to the factory wires under the hood. There is no need to worry about the drivetrain. I have not heard of any problems on the H2's even with the Xtremeflow H2 making 525 HP. I can fax you a copy of the text part of the instructions.
Old 05-24-2003, 11:52 AM   #7
AZHummer

Wow good to hear. I was just on the superchargers online forum and a fellow there put a whipple on his h2 and is having inconsistant power with it. He called whipple and they claim it is the Tourqe Management system. They said he needs the new programer they are offering. Why didn't they include this update in the kit? I wonder if you saw this thread.
Old 05-24-2003, 12:30 PM   #8
whipplecharged

I have not been to there site to check it out. But I will. It could be caused by the torque management. Some vehicles seem to be worse than others.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:04 AM   #9
H2Bill

AZHummer, The Whipple on the H2 works really well. They did have some issues with the programming to begin with but I understand that they have ironed out the problems (mainly torque management). Mine was one of the first to go on to an H2 and I had to have Ed Wright custom tune my PCM. It runs really great now. They sell the Power Programmer to tune it (I'm not sure why it isn't included in the package because it won't run right without it) at an extra charge. This is not my first Whipple and the reason I chose it is because of the reliability and performance.
H2Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 11:30 PM   #10
whipplecharged

Bill you are right. The H2's run better without the torque management and the programmer hould be included in the kit. But it seem that some vehicles are worse than others in that area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement