Extended Warranty - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

Go Back   Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums > Hummer H2 Discussion > H2 General Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

H2Fanatic.com is the premier GMC Hummer Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-08-2003, 09:23 AM   #1
Nielsen

Extended Warranty

I was persuaded by the dealer to purchase an extended warranty of 5 years or 90,000 miles,.... for approximately $ 1,300.00, .. based on the fact that I will probably put 20,000 to 25,000 miles on the hummer each year.

Did anyone else see a need to purchase an extended warranty??
Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2003, 11:16 AM   #2
GhostRider

Nowadays with all the computers on vehicles, MHO is that purchasing an extended warranty is a must if you are going to keep your vehicle past when the original warranty expires

I wonder if our buddy Ken Fichtner from the CorvetteForum offers a GM warranty on H2's
GhostRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 08:56 AM   #3
bmundy

I did for all the reasons that GostRider posted.
Just read the “H2 Technical Discussion”
And ya, I will put on 25000 miles a year.

Last edited by bmundy; 08-09-2003 at 11:08 AM.
bmundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2003, 11:06 AM   #4
SFO

5 yrs 90K miles for $1300 is a fantastic deal, you got a bargain.
SFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 05:45 AM   #5
Vaka Humm

Ken Fitchner does offer the extended for Hummers. I got the 6 yr 100k. Great guy to deal with. I buy extended for all my cars from him, he can even do a used car. He is on the Corvette forum.
Vaka Humm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 06:57 AM   #6
GhostRider

Excellent on the Ken Fichtner news
Now I only need to be able to afford the payments

Meanwhile I'll be here gathering info
Old 08-14-2003, 07:00 AM   #7
GhostRider

Interesting how the party smilie didn't take as the first item in a reply and I can't edit my own post

Let's try it here
Old 08-25-2003, 04:23 AM   #8
HummerTodd

Here in Canada a GMPP extended warranty (2 year/40000kms) is over $12000!!!
Todd
HummerTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 06:54 AM   #9
DrH2

I ran across this post elsewhere about extended warranties and will post the information below as it may be of interest to some of you:

----------------------------

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...action10.html#

Extended warranty could be worthless due to bankruptcy
Nov. 10, 2003 12:00 AM

If you bought an extended warranty for your car, there's a good chance it might be worthless.

It's all because of a huge mess created by a company called National Warranty Insurance Co.

"Extended service agreement" is the official term for those warranties. It's basically an insurance policy for your car. A group of people pay into a pool, and claims are paid out of the money collected.

National Warranty handled that pool of money as part of a risk-retention group. It backed policies for hundreds of thousands of customers. All was going great until June 6. That's when a court in the Cayman Islands declared the company insolvent. In other words, it was in big moneytrouble.

National Warranty is now the focus of a major battle in bankruptcy court. It's hard to predict what will happen in court, but for some of you, the crisis could hit soon.

If you own an extended service agreement that was bought before June 6 and backed by National Warranty, you can't make a claim. Companies like Warranty Gold are telling their customers that there is no money to pay because it's tied up in the courts.

Of course, it's not that simple. Some people contend that not all the money went to National Warranty and that some of it should be available to pay claims. There is a class-action lawsuit on behalf of customers who are now victims.

Warranty Gold wasn't the only company selling policies backed by National Warranty. Many car dealers sold them under a variety of names. Some dealers have stepped up and done the right thing, fixing cars for customers who bought the policies. Others are playing the legal card, saying it's tied up in bankruptcy.

The first thing you need to do is find the contract for your extended service agreement. Find out if National Warranty was the underwriter. If it is and you've finished paying for it, get ahold of whoever sold it to you. Find out if claims are being paid.

If you haven't finished paying for it, stop the payments. Don't throw money into a policy that will probably never deliver. They'll tell you that if you stop paying you won't be able to collect when the bankruptcy is settled.

That's assuming there's any money left when the National Warranty mess is sorted out.
DrH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 02:28 AM   #10
Vaka Humm

Ken sells the GMPP, that is the GM factory extended warranty, if they go bankrupt we're all in deep dodo
Old 11-22-2003, 08:37 AM   #11
H2 NINJA

Contact Info

Hello all,

I purchase my H2 in July but did not opt for the ext. warr b/c of the $$ and the milage. My dealer wanted almost $3,000 to extend to 70,000 miles, which I'll probably hit inside the factory 3 yr warranty anyhow.

However, after reading the various posts, I am concerned.

Would someone please post some contact info for "Ken" and/or any other outlet where I may do some comparison shopping and pick a plan?

Thank you in advance!!!

--Matt

PS - Almost 8k so far and (toes/fingers crossed, knocking on wood and my dog's and cat's heads simultaneously) - no major problems so far - except some rust on the rear tow hooks.

Thanks again!!!

H2 NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 02:15 PM   #12
Vaka Humm

Ken is the man email him at kenfichtner@hotmail.com
Old 11-22-2003, 05:14 PM   #13
H2 NINJA

Thanks!!!

Thanks for the info!!!

--Matt
H2 NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 04:30 PM   #14
mister usa

warranty info

Just got done talking to the local dealership in Milwaukee, WI and they are currently offering 6 year/100kmile extended warranties for $1995, but only until the 30th of November. Sounds like a good deal to me. It's transferrable, too. I'm still finding out who underwrites it.
mister usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement