Fed Up with Maintenance Problems - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

Go Back   Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums > Hummer H2 Discussion > H2 General Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

H2Fanatic.com is the premier GMC Hummer Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-25-2003, 08:19 AM   #1
shelle

Fed Up with Maintenance Problems

All,

I have had a min. of 10 and probably at least 15 check engine lights fixed at the dealership, radio quit working several times, air suspension gone haywire leaving driver's rear side sagging 3 inches, etc., etc. I've hade it about a year and have 19k miles on it.

....leaving me to question a) do I have a lemon or b) are the H2s all full of maintenance problems?

I love the concept, and the H2 is a monster off-road. I wish I wasn't faced with this dilemma, but after having the check engine light come back on 30 miles after getting it fixed again, I am looking into options.

Please let me know your service experience.

Thanks,

Steve
shelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2003, 10:32 AM   #2
SGilbert

So far (16k miles-July '02) I've had the ECM, AC dash module, drivers seat control module, and the whole exhaust replaced--under warranty. Seems far in excess of "normal", but---"knock-on-wood", everything is good now!
SGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 10:56 AM   #3
H2Bill

I have had mine since mid-July of '02 with no problems at all other than the front windshield moulding coming loose.
H2Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2003, 04:52 PM   #4
Harrisr1

Question no maintenance problems

I've had my Black H2 since December '02 and have not had a single problem like you have described. I woudl say that with all of the problems, yes. It is a lemon.

Just curious, what was the ride like when you had 3" lower on the driver side airbag problem? I have been searching for a way to lower by 2" to fit in my garage. I am wondering if a regulated deflation/inflation of the suspension airbags is an option. Any ideas?
Harrisr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 08:59 PM   #5
shelle

Re: no maintenance problems

There was no noticeable difference in the ride - just visibly, it looked quite odd to see one side lopsided!

Quote:
Originally posted by Harrisr1
I've had my Black H2 since December '02 and have not had a single problem like you have described. I woudl say that with all of the problems, yes. It is a lemon.

Just curious, what was the ride like when you had 3" lower on the driver side airbag problem? I have been searching for a way to lower by 2" to fit in my garage. I am wondering if a regulated deflation/inflation of the suspension airbags is an option. Any ideas?
shelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 06:45 AM   #6
DrH2

Sorry to hear you've been having so many problems. Here's someone else who sounds like they've had quite a lot of problems with their H2 also:

http://www.hummerlemon.com

I've had a few problems with mine since I bought it, most notably my transfer case and the air suspension. But the dealer fixed everything and so far so good.
DrH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement