Easy out seat setting........ - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

Go Back   Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums > Hummer H2 Discussion > H2 Technical Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

H2Fanatic.com is the premier GMC Hummer Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-08-2003, 06:07 PM   #1
Easy Ed

Easy out seat setting........

Got a weird problem with it, "Driver 2" (me) easy out works great but when the wife (Driver 1) tries hers the seat goes the wrong way, it will move towards the dash. Am I not following the insrtuctions correctly or is it a "software" problem? Anybody else have this problem and what did ya do to get it to work? I know that I should probably take it to the dealer but since they are about 75 miles away I just wanted to ask here first.

Thanks, Easy Ed
Easy Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2003, 08:30 PM   #2
SGilbert

Exactly what happened to my H2. Dealer diagnosed the seat control module under the drivers seat. It was replaced under warranty, but, of course, had to be ordered--2 visits--as usual.
SGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 02:50 AM   #3
Easy Ed

SGilbert, Thanks for the input, looks like I got to give the dealership a call. Besides that it takes two trips, (hoping when I call them I can save a trip) how long did it take for them to repair it?

Thanks again,

Easy Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2003, 10:23 AM   #4
SGilbert

As my dealer is 15 miles away, (AND my wife hates giving up her car!), they try to do all my work while I wait.

Be this as it may, it took about an hour to do the repair. They have to remove the driver's seat, swap out the controller, and replace.

Possibly they will have had experience with this "fault" before, and order the part for you from your phone call. That would save the 1st diagnostic visit. Good luck.
SGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 06:28 AM   #5
MilWhippedHumR

Actually, if they don't have the parts in stock, they may be hesitent to order the parts without looking at the truck, There has been a couple of minor issues with the seats, including connectors that back out, modules, and programming, it is somewhat of a common problem though, so if they're a good dealer, they should have the part in stock (as long as it's not backordered)
MilWhippedHumR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 05:32 PM   #6
Easy Ed

It goes in Tuesday after work for the seat problem and they did say it could be a programming/software problem. I also found out that the Bose system has the "speaker stops playing" problem too, said that they will look at also and if it is the amp they do have them in stock. The worry of having to take off work and spend a day there was for nothing, they will supply a rental for me to drive home and to work the next day and back to pick up the truck. Was told that GM pays up to $40.00 a day for a rental while warranty work is being done.

Easy Ed
Old 10-17-2003, 07:54 AM   #7
GhostRider

"Was told that GM pays up to $40.00 a day for a rental while warranty work is being done."

Did you get the extended warranty or is this covered under the basic
GhostRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 08:20 AM   #8
MilWhippedHumR

That would be covered under the factory warranty Ghostrider, and he's right, it's $40.00 a day, which should get you a nice suburban or at least a nice pickup
Old 10-17-2003, 10:15 AM   #9
Easy Ed

MilWhippedHumR is correct, it is the basic warranty that it is going in under. I wonder if Enterprise Rental has a Hummer

Easy Ed
Old 10-22-2003, 03:09 AM   #10
Easy Ed

I am a idiot, It turns out that the easy out needed programed to go to the rear most position for driver "one" and I didn't know that. For some reason it was programed to go forward and up for driver "one" and all the way back and down for driver "two". Guess I should have RFM before I drove the fifty miles from work to be taught how to set it Did read thru the owners manual but must have missed that part, duh. The dealership was very good about it and I will give them credit for not laughing at me about it (well, they may have after I left). The Bose system "checked" okay while I was there but they said that to play it safe they would order a new radio and install it to fix the problem.

Easy Ed
Old 10-22-2003, 07:21 AM   #11
MilWhippedHumR

If your dealership is going to replace the radio head, their making a mistake, it's not the radio's problem, it's the problem of the Bose amplifier, that needs to be replaced, if the Dealer says they can't replace it if it's not acting up now, take it somewhere else. GM sent a bullitan to dealers saying that they can be re-programmed, but we tried that, and found the only true fix is to replace them
Old 10-22-2003, 10:30 AM   #12
Easy Ed

MilWhippedHumR, They said that the bulletin they knew of was for the amp causing both sides to go silent not just the one side like I am/was getting It was also stated that there was no "codes thrown" when the scanner was use

When mine acted up I would be listening to the radio and then I would notice that only the passenger side speakers where playing. As soon as I changed stations the drivers side would play again. At first I thought it was the radio station having problems until the next time (different day) it happened, granted it was the same station the second time but it did happen again. The CD player which I listen to the most has not done it yet so needless to say I am pretty

Since I left the dealership yesterday I have listened to the radio only and in the 100 or so miles I have drove it there has been no problem. Told them I would give it a couple days of playing it to see if it does it again before I bring it in and let them put the radio in. The weird thing is that the guy I bought it off of (my chiropractor) said he had never noticed it doing what I am hearing do.

I appreciate your input on this so please feel free to keep it coming.

Easy Ed

P.S. Is this the bulletin you are talking about? Found it a All Data but it is the only info it gives

02-08-44-018 OCT 02 Audio System - Diagnostics for No Sound From Speakers

Last edited by Easy Ed; 10-22-2003 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:39 AM   #13
MilWhippedHumR

The problem at hand typically won't throw a code. And that bullitan on Alldata is from a while ago, there's an update to it found on GMDealerworld
Old 10-22-2003, 06:04 PM   #14
Easy Ed

Found this this to see if I could view the TSB's and I guess the average Joe cannot get access, darn
Old 10-23-2003, 08:21 PM   #15
Discofever

Question Exit Assist

I also have a problem:

Exit assist is acting up…. I have the DIC set to “On”

When I pull the key out of ignition, it occasionally activates. I found that I have to insert key in and out several times, then the easy exit activates. This only takes place when I wish exit…

Has anyone experienced this? Is the problem my ignition switch?

Just one more thing to add to my list when I visit my dealer...
Discofever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement