Hitch Camera - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

Go Back   Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums > Hummer H2 Discussion > H2 General Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

H2Fanatic.com is the premier GMC Hummer Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-16-2004, 09:06 PM   #1
Springer

Hitch Camera

I am in the market for a rear hitch camera, but I want it to work thru my Factory GPS. Any ideas? Really don't want to buy a monitor, nor do I want an extra item on my winshield or dash.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2004, 07:32 AM   #2
RADIOMAN_NYC

I think hitch cam's suck.

I think you may want to reconsider the hitch cam, you dont get a real view of your bumper until it's to late, after impact. I used a custom mounted camera pointed down at my bumper, it gives you a real view of whats behind you, about 12 feet back and your bumper. It lets you park to within 1/8" of impact if you want. As far as the monitor, I'm with you, wish there was a way to use my existing GPS screen, but I went with the rear-view mirror cam instead. YES you do loose the compass and temp reading, but who gives a sh^t, I still have compass heading on the GPS and couldn't care less about the temp (which is always inaccurate) anyway. Also the miror just straps on over your existing mirror without making any permanent mods to the car, and is removable when the time comes. It automaticly turns on when you switch into reverse, and has a second input for video. I have included some low res photos, but it was raining today and my good camera is at home, sorry for the crappy pics, they dont do it justice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	REAR_CAM_MOUNT_small.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	71   Click image for larger version

Name:	MIRROR_MON_1_small.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	72   Click image for larger version

Name:	MIRROR_MON_3_small.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	73   Click image for larger version

Name:	MIRROR_MON_4_small.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	74   Click image for larger version

Name:	MIRROR_MON_2_small.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	75  

Last edited by RADIOMAN_NYC; 05-28-2004 at 07:41 AM.
RADIOMAN_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 05:12 PM   #3
Springer

Hitch Cam

Thanks for the Info...
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement