Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums - View Single Post - 3rd seat questions

Go Back   Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

H2Fanatic.com is the premier GMC Hummer Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 05:22 PM   #1
keszr1

3rd seat questions

1) On a non third seat spec'd H2 - are the attachments points still there to aquire the third seat seperately?

2) Can you obtain the OEM thrid seat from a dealer seperately?

The backup for the questions -
We have an orange 03 secured out of state - we are scheduled to pick it up Saturday. It did not have the 3rd seat and Sunroof which we want(ed).

The dealer there tells me he cant sell me the third seat (no reason).

Called H2 customer service and they didnt see why we couldn't get one but called the dealer and the parts person told them they cant sell to someone who didn't order it in the truck becasue there were parts not included that are necessary to install the seat. however they wanted us to confirm with someone else at GM who wasn't in.

I spoke with a friend who owns a Chevy dealership in yet another state and his parts dept just said they couldn't find a listing of the seat being sold as a whole unit through parts.

The in state dealer whom we wanted to do buisiness with (but no orange) said the attachment points are definately there and the seat can definately be had.

Thank you all for your indulgence

oh - and I suppose a last note - if anyone is considering selling their third seat feel free to drop me a line.
keszr1 is offline   Reply With Quote