H2 Rear "unlevel" ever happen to you? [Archive] - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

H2 Rear "unlevel" ever happen to you?

LeadsH2
08-16-2004, 09:30 PM
I have a 04' H2 Adv series, I am having a problem with the rear of the hummer either sloping to the right or left. I have taken to the dealership. They made a few adjustments. But it is doing it again. It is almost 1.5" off . Any advice.

MrSUT
08-17-2004, 07:36 AM
Take it in again and tell them to do it right. :boxing

devilsfan
08-17-2004, 08:28 AM
Do you have air ride? Sounds like that's happened before.

Stacy

LeadsH2
08-17-2004, 07:43 PM
yes it is air suspension.

Skywalker351
08-18-2004, 12:21 AM
Yes it had happend to me. Turns out it was the rear airbag, part of the air suspension. They played with it for some time then had to replace it. No problem since.

lastat72
09-09-2004, 05:53 PM
with air ride suspension most of the problems are with the level sensors that on either rear trailing arms. the sensors will mess up and give the wrong voltage readings to the module on the back on the truck to tell to inflate the air bags and how much to do. the problem is when someone replaces one of these sensors they have to be learned and the system has to be reset to a certain ride height in the rear. by not doing this you could risk blowing the rear air bags up, great if you want to slam the rear of your hummer to the ground , not too good for driving down the road. so make sure whoever works on your suspension resets the ride height afterwards, it is a simple step but must be done with a gm scan tool that can "talk" to the rear suspension module.

varnold
09-15-2004, 09:38 PM
The tip on the air ride sensors is probably on the money. Soon after I got my 03 the left rear went down - was a surprise. Used the Onstar process to diagnose - actually worked - the left sensor had gotten whacked by a stone when I was off road and broke it. Replacement took about 1 hour at the dealer and no problems since.

Check it out.