New member [Archive] - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

H2 Daddy
04-21-2003, 10:56 AM
Hi everyone, I just join the forum today. About a month ago I bought a sunset orange H2 with the adventure package, leather, third row seat and tail light guards. I added a chromed billit lockable gas door, u steps, SMA tire carrier and cover, DVD player, logo and hood latch bezels.

My frame's rust proofing is peeling off the frame by the rear tire on the driver's side and the frame is begining to rust. My dealer said the factory has not released the rust proofing material yet and said they will call my when they receive it. It is only peeling in that one area. Has anyone else had this problem?

Our transfer case broke down on us while we were on our way home from vacation, but I will save that story for another time. Even with a few problems I still love my H2. It's one great vechicle.

03YellowH2
04-21-2003, 04:38 PM
rust appears to be a pretty common issue. Mine showed signs of rusting in just a few weeks from new. I have about 1200 miles on it and there is a good amount of rust... Turns out this is a pretty active topic on other forums and mail lists. Sounds like a common problem and from what I've heard from the folks who have questioned Hummer about this they claim it's purely cosmetic and not a service issue. You can imagine how that's going over with a few owners. I haven't lost sleep over it myself but I can sure understand why folks who spend 55K for a truck would be mighty put off by rust so soon on the vehicle. Should be interesting to see if anything comes of it. I just keep an eye on the reports and see what happens.

Hope your problems are all done for and your remaining time with the Hummer goes well...

H2 Daddy
04-21-2003, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the info 03YellowH2. I also have a 2000 C5 coupe. My C5 is black with a black interior and polished factory wheels. I added the Vortex Rammer Box, larger mass air flow sensor and carbon fiber power duct.

03YellowH2
04-22-2003, 05:29 AM
There seems to be a large number of H2 owners who are also Corvette owners. I guess that would be expected on this board since the tie with corvetteforum but it sure seems to hold true elsewhere.

I am actually debating on keeping my C5 now after my lease is up. Originally the residual was out of line with the market but the leasing company has already come back with $2300 off that number. Still debating. My C5 had really been a weekend toy but I'm actually considering shifting it's use to daily and making the H2 my "toy".

Either way I just love both vehicles. Everytime I drive one I think "I love this car"

H2Bill
04-22-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by H2 Daddy
Thanks for the info 03YellowH2. I also have a 2000 C5 coupe. My C5 is black with a black interior and polished factory wheels. I added the Vortex Rammer Box, larger mass air flow sensor and carbon fiber power duct.

It's almost like they go hand in hand!:cool: