Dashboard Paint Problems [Archive] - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

Dashboard Paint Problems

INDUSTRYH2
05-03-2004, 10:58 AM
I Have Had My Hummer For Over A Year And Half, Recently The Painted Dash And Trim Have Started To Loose The Original Color, The Dealer Stated That They Cant Help Me, It's Wear And Tear. So I Removed Most Of The Parts My Self , And Am Having Them Painted, Since I Am Now Not Speaking To The Local Dealer, I Am Stumped With Trying To Remove The Dash Trim Around The Airbag On The Passanger Side. Does Anyone Know How To Remove This Part,how I Can Get Info/ Tech Data On Part Removal?

Thank You.

RedGTS
05-03-2004, 12:12 PM
Download this file: http://www.elcova.com/h2/2003H2GMNavigationInstall.pdf and start reading on page 20.

Are you talking about the stock pieces fading, or some aftermarket paint you had put on them? Good luck.

INDUSTRYH2
05-03-2004, 11:53 PM
Redgts-thanks For The Help, I Was Able To Remove The Dash Part After Your Information, These Are All Stock Parts, Which Have Faded Around The Inner Door Handlesand Center Trim, The Silver Metallic Flake That Is Throughout The Dash, And Trim. I Have Since Learned That I Am Not The Only One With This Problem. Several People Which Took Delivery About That Time Are Now Experiencing The Same Problem.

Humby
07-07-2004, 02:30 PM
Hi,

Did you ever get the paint finish matched and if so, from whom?

I can not get my panel paint matched. I am told it is low temperature powder coat paint. Is that true?

INDUSTRYH2
07-28-2004, 11:14 PM
I took my hummer dash board apert myself, and then took it to a few body shops in the area , I had all the parts sanded down, and then primered, painted and color sanded. since we had to paint the parts anyway, I had everything painted glossy black. It was color sanded and then polished. It has been about 3 months and it never looked so good. The shop that did the work was in Los Angeles- Performance auto body on La Brea. Another shop that does this work is called Platinum - they are also in Los Angeles. :)

morphuss
09-08-2004, 08:57 PM
I had a problem of the metallic grey "flaking" off and leaving the exposed bare plastic on the trim pieces. Especially on the door where there is alot of wear and tear. I took it in to the dealer and they replaced them under warrenty. Don't know if anyone esle has had the same problem, but they can warrenty it.