chrome mirror caps [Archive] - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

chrome mirror caps

keszr1
03-07-2004, 07:55 AM
Question regarding the chrome side mirrors in a standard Lux package.

Are these covers removeable?
Are these covers in fact covers over the standard black mirrors?

I'm "sorta" into a black trim phase and wanted to bring all the appurtenances "back to black" for now. The catch is I wanted to return them to their orig state if I ever get into a chorme look again or if I ever just want to sell the truck I'd like to give it to its new owner in original stock condition.

Thoughts? Ideas?

PS just received my paintend front grille but haven't put it on yet. Gets less dings in the box <G>

Rob
03-09-2004, 02:53 PM
It is my understanding that you either have the chorme mirrors or the black ones. You must buy a black pair if you have a chrome set or visa verda.:cool

keszr1
03-09-2004, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the reply. I had a sneeky supsician form the lack fo response that may be the case. I looked it over briefly a coupole times. It did appear as though there may be chrome caps in place and I wasn't sure. OF course I also deduced that if they were caps they were probably adhered with some type of adhesive which wasn't amenale to an easy removal.
Thank you again.

I have seen advertised vinyl covers essentially presented as "mirror bra's" I'm curious if anyn one has seen these in person if they fit well enough to give that blacked out effect w/o being too cheap looking - or so poorly fitting that they'll end up on the side of a trail somewhere.

Easy Ed
03-09-2004, 07:22 PM
This may help to show how they are attached.
http://elcova.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=2226042215