Crazy Idea for Vendors [Archive] - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

Crazy Idea for Vendors

Humdingah
02-13-2004, 02:15 PM
Here's a nutty idea for the site...since most of the parts/services vendors on this site act like vultures circling a dead carcass anytime someone posts about any kind of add-on, why not charge them to do this? You could create a 'Supporting Vendor' section and charge them to hawk their goods on the site, while at the same time recouping some costs for your time and energy that you dedicate here. I have no problem with vendors contributing to a post when it is asked of them but most of the time all they do is hi-jack someone else's thread in an attempt to convince someone that their widget is good for 5,000hp, installs in 30 minutes, quadruples gas mileage and washes the truck for you on weekends.

This site should be dedicated to enthusiasts discussing things without the constant 'buy my crap' that seems to end up in every thread. I'm also a member of F150Online and they have supporting vendors who, for the most part, contribute technical expertise when asked and only occasionally announce parts specials and the like...unlike here. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there with valuable information to bring to this site but a good portion seems to get lost between the 'infomercials' in every thread.

Dan

mbanks21
02-17-2004, 11:17 AM
Id be willing to pay to be a sponsoring vendor to "hock my cheesy wares" :D