Headers for H2 [Archive] - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

Headers for H2

KIDHUMMER
02-11-2004, 07:28 PM
I want to purchase headers for my H2, I have air suspension and

when i read the description of the headers it says Fits Models without Manifold Air Injection & EGR Only , what does this mean, also if you have read my other posts I have already installed

1. xtremeflow exhaust
2. air raid intake
3. jet stage 2 computer chip

will the headers make a difference I can feel?

* I don't want to spend the money for a supercharger right now, I want to get the most power I can from these minor bolt ons.....

cheyne
02-12-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by KIDHUMMER
I want to purchase headers for my H2, I have air suspension and

when i read the description of the headers it says Fits Models without Manifold Air Injection & EGR Only , what does this mean, also if you have read my other posts I have already installed

1. xtremeflow exhaust
2. air raid intake
3. jet stage 2 computer chip

will the headers make a difference I can feel?

* I don't want to spend the money for a supercharger right now, I want to get the most power I can from these minor bolt ons.....

This means that for emissions purposes the headers you want to get do not have the fittings needed to plug in the egr and MAI. It also means they are not smog legal.

BTW-which headers are you looking at?

KIDHUMMER
02-12-2004, 11:23 AM
I was looking at the edelbrock headers...........

SOCRATES
02-12-2004, 12:56 PM
I too am currently shopping for headers. I've been looking at the Edelbrock as well as the SMA (B&B) headers.

Any input?

Thanks in advance,
-Justyn

L.A.P.D.
02-25-2004, 09:49 PM
We really wish someone made a high quality long tube 1 3/4" equal length header kit for the H2 with high flow cats and everything. That would sure add some nice power to the car.

Borla makes a nice shorty header that actually adds some power to the H2 and they are priced just right.

Shawn

SOCRATES
02-26-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by L.A.P.D.
We really wish someone made a high quality long tube 1 3/4" equal length header kit for the H2 with high flow cats and everything. That would sure add some nice power to the car.

Borla makes a nice shorty header that actually adds some power to the H2 and they are priced just right.

Shawn

Speaking of which, my Borla headers should be here any day now!

:thumbs

EAST COAST SC
03-06-2004, 01:43 PM
We are having pretty good deals on superchargers now if you can swing it. If you have any questions on the headers, give me a buzz..

Chris

East Coast Supercharging

609-752-0321

Marc
03-09-2004, 10:21 AM
Has anyone quantified the horsepower gain achieved with their headers? i.e independent dyno test. In my opinion, marketing data is potentially fraught with error or hyperbole. The power in my H2 seems adequate for its intended purpose, but a little something extra might be nice.

Also, are there any gas mileage increases with the header installations?

The rep at Edelbrock says my California Hummer needs to use the shorty header designed for the Escalade to comply with california emissions and not their H2 version which is without AIR & EGR. Does anyone have any real world experience with this?

Are there any other California H2 owners who have installed headers? If so, what brand?

Thanks.
:flag

L.A.P.D.
04-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Marc,

We are about to do some before and after dyno numbers on our 2004 H2 with Dynatech's SuperMAXX header kit with high flow cats.

We will release the dyno numbers as soon as we get them. Dynatech's long tubes for the H2 are awesome! 1 3/4" stainless steel with high flow cats should make for some great results.

We will offer numbers with our custom dyno tuning and without our custom dyno tuning.

We have sold a few sets just in the last day or so as Dynatech is the only one out there with long tube 1 3/4" stainless steel headers.

We just can't wait! The H2 needs all the help it can get in the power area.

Stay tuned...

Shawn

oldhiker
04-18-2004, 09:51 PM
Anything yet?

H2Bill
04-21-2004, 11:13 AM
I have had the Edelbrock shorties for about a year and a half. Yesterday I had the CARB Tag that certifies that they are approved by the Air Resource Board that is welded on one of the pipes on the drivers side "popped up" on one of the tack welds leaving a hole in the header!! Can you believe that they will not stand behind their product!! It really sucks and is kind of ironic that the tag certifying that it fills pollution standards is actully causing polution! Stay away from the Edelbrocks! :cuss

tweekH2
04-21-2004, 05:40 PM
I just got the SuperMaxx (long headers with high-flow cats), still waiting for the Corsa Sport. I'll be putting all of it on as soon as it gets here. I can't wait for Shawn to put his on so we all can see the Dyno results.

Will let you know how it feels after it's all installed.

After that I'll be going for a supercharger. Do you guys have any comments on whipple vs kenne bell? I wanna stay with a twin screw but I can't decide on which one of those two.

Thx