Hummer v. Yukon Denali [Archive] - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

Hummer v. Yukon Denali

KIDHUMMER
02-09-2004, 12:31 PM
I have a 2003 hummer h2, I have an xtreme flow exhaust, air raid air intake and a jet stage 2 computer chip. Stock hp on a hummer is around 316 hp, with all my mods I should be closer to 400.

I stopped at a red light and had a brand new Yukon Denali pull up to me, when the light turned green we both accelerated and he easily pulled away from me. I know that there isn't a huge difference in weight even thought he h2 is heavier and the denali has 325 hp. HOW CAN IT BE SO MUCH FASTER?

AND WHAT CAN i DO TO AT LEAST BE ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH A DENALI???

GhostRider
02-09-2004, 12:55 PM
I doubt an intake/exhaust and I assume you mean PCM reprogramming ( or even a chip) would get you 74 HP.
If you are lucky you picked up 25 horses.

I have not seen significant gains in dyno runs on C5's with those kind of changes. They share the same motor family.

Out of curiousity, where in the H2 did this chip go or did it just replace the PCM :confused1

The H2 is so heavy it takes a lot of torque to get it moving and what you have done only helps a little. I think the Denali has you by close to 1000 pounds unless it was the Suburban sized one.

IMHO, your best hope is a SUPERCHARGER

If I had the money I would already have my H2 and it would be back from LPE :smash

cheyne
02-09-2004, 01:18 PM
Supercharge it! Real power comes from forced induction. Your other mods will help the s/c alot though.

KIDHUMMER
02-09-2004, 04:21 PM
xtreme flow says that you get a 40 hp increase from their exhaust system, I guess that is all BS

H2Bill
02-10-2004, 10:15 AM
I agree with GhostRider, I don't think that you can expect that much horsepower with your mods. I can tell you that the supercharger makes a huge difference in performance though.:cool

cheyne
02-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by cheyne
Supercharge it! Real power comes from forced induction. Your other mods will help the s/c alot though.

WOW 40HP is a pretty big claim but it could be (maybe) possible if you measure crank HP not wheel (once again maybe-its stretched though)

http://vividracing.securesites.net/catalog/images/LIFESTYLE.jpg (http://vividracing.securesites.net/catalog/index.php?ref=18&affiliate_banner_id=16)

89vette
02-11-2004, 04:17 PM
That is all hype. You would have been lucky to pick up 20-25 hp with all that stuff you have. I don;t know how companies get away with the things they claim. Unfortunately, on the Vette stuff, I learned all that stuff the hard way. My final soution was to bore and stroke my motor to 396 cubic inches. The Hummer motors can be bored and stroked to 427 cubic inches. Then you feel the power!

AlexSoCal
02-12-2004, 07:12 PM
I'm wouldn't worry about competing with the Yukon in the street, I would like to see any Yukon driver follow me to the offroad trails this vehicle is capable of.
:party

PARAGON
02-18-2004, 03:19 PM
I have both a Denali XL and the H2 and the Denali wins hands down. It has a much quicker throttle response all through the RPM range. My guess would be that it has to reside in the electronic throttle control since the weights of both are relatively the same and both are using an AWD system. I even have used the predator programmer, new air filter and new intake tube and the Denali is way more responsive.