Volant Air Intake [Archive] - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

Volant Air Intake

Mikei
10-17-2003, 07:31 PM
Has anyone installed the Volant Air Intake System? Anybody have any problems? I installed mine and I noticed a decrease in horsepower and a sluggish acceleration. Help or hints would be appreciated. Yes, I've already called Volant and they are looking for feedback from us.
Thanks,
Mike

AZHummer
10-19-2003, 10:13 PM
Hi Ya,
I have one in my H2 and it works fine. I have the cat back exhaust as well. The computer has to learn your new setup. It should come to life. How many miles since you put it on?

AZHummer
10-19-2003, 10:18 PM
Hi Ya,
I have one in my H2 and it works fine. I have the cat back exhaust as well. The computer has to learn your new setup. It should come to life. How many miles since you put it on?

Mikei
10-19-2003, 11:39 PM
Hi AZHummer,
I've had it on for about 75 miles now. I have about 4900 miles on vehicle. I originally had it on then removed it when I was having problems, then just recently had the dealer reinstall it and check to see if any new codes from MAF sensor. I still feel slight hesitation. How long have you had yours installed? How long was the learning process and did you experience any symtoms? Thanks again for your help.
Mike

MilWhippedHumR
10-20-2003, 11:36 AM
Hey all, We've installed a couple of similar air intake systems from a couple of different vendors here at our dealership, and so far, we ahven't been pleased with ANY of them, for the price you pay, It doesn't seem to run very different than that of a stock model, Some systems IE; airaid, K&N, seemed to make the truck run worse, but wouldn't trip any codes. I wouldn't bother, but I will give a thumbs up to aftermarket exhuast systems, the right one will show a noticable increase in HP and sounds much better.

I suggest Corsa Sport Exhuast (endorsed by GM)

but other systems I've seen work well also, just stay away from one DYNO-Proven exhuasts seem to rot through rather quickly

Good Luck

Mikei
10-20-2003, 01:07 PM
Thanks MilWhippedHumR.
Yeah I noticed slight decrease in performance vs. stock box. I do have the Corsa Sport Exhaust installed and it sounds and performs great.
I will keep eye on unit and maybe remove Volant if it becomes to noticable.
Thanks Again.
Mike