All Open Campains on 2003 H2 Here... [Archive] - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

All Open Campains on 2003 H2 Here...

L.A.P.D.
10-07-2003, 03:04 PM
Dear H2fanatic.com Members,

I was checking our GM online service manual for open campains (recalls) and here is what I have come up with:

Product Safety - Windshield Wiper Motor Failure #02051 - (12/16/2002)
02051 -- Windshield Wiper Motor Failure
2003 HUMMER H2

Condition
General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2003 model year HUMMER H2 vehicles. Some of these vehicles have a condition where the windshield wiper motor may fail during use because of improper manufacture. If this were to occur in severe weather, driver visibility could be reduced, which could result in a vehicle crash without prior warning.

Correction
Dealers are to inspect the wiper motor assembly, and replace if necessary.

F/CMVSS Noncompliance - Transmission Shift Interlock and Ignition Key Removal Override Compliance #03012 - (05/22/2003)
03012 - Transmission Shift Lock and Ignition Key Removal Override Compliance
2002-2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer EXT

2002-2003 GMC Envoy, Envoy XL

2002-2003 Oldsmobile Bravada

2003 HUMMER H2

Condition
General Motors has decided that certain 2002-2003 model year Chevrolet TrailBlazer and TrailBlazer EXT; GMC Envoy and Envoy XL; Oldsmobile Bravada; and 2003 model year HUMMER H2 vehicles fail to conform to Federal/Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 114, Theft Protection. These vehicles are equipped with a mechanical override that could allow the ignition key to be removed with the shift lever in a position other than PARK. In addition, these vehicles have an override that can allow the transmission to be shifted out of PARK with the ignition in the OFF position. These overrides are not permitted unless the vehicles has a locking steering column.

Correction
Dealers are to eliminate these conditions by disabling the overrides, and if necessary, inserting a revised page in the owner's manual.

Customer Satisfaction - Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System Inoperative #03011 - (03/06/2003)
03011 -- Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System Inoperative
2003 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT, Escalade ESV

2003 Chevrolet Silverado, Avalanche, Tahoe, Suburban

2003 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL

2003 HUMMER H2

Condition
On some 2003 model year Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT, and Escalade ESV; Chevrolet Silverado, Avalanche, Tahoe, and Suburban; GMC Sierra, Yukon, and Yukon XL; and HUMMER H2 vehicles, the passenger door module (PDM) may become inoperative. An inoperative PDM would cause loss of function for the remote keyless entry, front passenger power window, lock, mirror and heated seat functions.

Correction
Dealers are to reprogram the PDM.

Hope this helps you guys.

I will keep you up to date on all future campaigns that I may find.

If you have a 2003 H2, I would take these campaign numbers to your local dealer and make sure that your H2 is not affected by any of these problems.

Shawn

Troy Roberts
10-07-2003, 07:36 PM
Thanks Shawn!

GhostRider
10-08-2003, 06:06 AM
My thanks also :seeya

This line is pretty strange :
"If this were to occur in severe weather, driver visibility could be reduced, which could result in a vehicle crash without prior warning. "

I don't think too many crashes happen with prior warning. If I had a prior warning, I think I would avoid the crash - but that may just be me
:smash

Easy Ed
10-08-2003, 11:22 AM
L.A.P.D. Thanks also. I sent a copy of the info to the dealership by e-mail and included my VIN and I am a lucky one, mine is okay :-)

Easy Ed

P.S. This is just a thought but when I went to a certain Dodge Ram (my old truck) site they would have all the TSB's and recalls so folks who visited the site could use the info to their benefit. Here is the site for reference. http://dodgeram.org/support_pgs/tech_index.htm

L.A.P.D.
10-08-2003, 01:36 PM
Guys,

You are very welcome!

I was on the online service manual and thought that this info may be useful to everyone on this forum.

I will be checking for open campaigns from time to time for the 2003 and 2004 H2s as more may come up in the future.

If there is anything else you may need, please feel free to let me know.

I REALLY LOVE THE H2!!!!!

Thanks!

Shawn