Info please [Archive] - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

Info please

ritesh15
10-03-2003, 03:02 PM
Hey Hummer lovers,
I am an Industrial Design Student...in Savannah, GA, and share your interest in the Hummer vehicles. I am currently doing a project comparing the hummer1 and hummer2 and was wondering if you guys could help me out.

Any help would be much appreciated...

For potential customers:
“What are you looking for in this car? Why this over another car? What features are most important to you? Can you not get them in other cars? How big of a role did current H2 advertising play in your decision to include the H2 in your search of a possible vehicle? How important is Safety in your decision? …comfort in your decision? How important is Gas pricing and special taxes that are applicable to this particular vehicle?
For Current owners:
Are you happy with your vehicle? What is the primary use of your vehicle? Is there anything you would really like to have changed in your Hummer? What attracted you initially to this car? What is the best advantage of driving a Hummer? The worst? If you are an H2 driver, what are your thoughts on the H1, and vice versa?

Thanks a lot guys...with your help designers can make hummers even better cars...
Thanks once again...hope to hear from you soon
Cheers,
Ritesh

P.S. if there are any individuals in the area who wouldnt mind having an interview with me and my team, please let me know...it would be great to hear about your thoughts.

H2 NINJA
10-03-2003, 09:41 PM
Hey man - I currently own an H2 and purchased it in July '03.

I LOVE this vehicle. Sure the attention is cool, but the vehicle drives so well and is so comfortable, it's just fun being in. I have about 6,800 miles and so far have not had any issues.

My major complaints are the fact that it is a [email protected] to wash! Plus, you have to hold the button down for the sunroof to open, and it is slooooooooooooooow, plus it stops a few times.

Other than that, I'm extremely happy with mine!

Primary use: Thus far, just joy riding, haven't yet had the chane to go real off roading. Have an event scheduled in 3 weeks! I have another vehicle, plus a company car and a motorcycle so I haven't driven it too much.

Changes: Auto open sunroof, XM Sat Radio compatibility, electronicly adjustable rearview mirror, more modern/luxurious interior in lieu of the cheap plastic,.

Attraction: Need this ? be asked! This is one of the coolest vehicles on the planet!

Advantage: What would you want your wife/husband, etc. driving in a typical accident - An H2 or a Focus?

Disadvantages: Fear of my wife driving alone and some punk deciding to jack her for the vehicle.

H1 Thoughts: I've loved them since I first saw them, but don't have any experience with them.

Bottom line: The H2 ROCKS!

Hope this helps!

--Ninja

:leaving

Jeff
10-06-2003, 03:19 PM
I think you should test drive both vehicles a couple of times and maybe that will help you decide. I did and was not impressed with the way the H1 drove. Don't get me wrong it is cool looking and probably awsome for off road use but if you are going to be using it mostly for driving on the road I would go with the H2. I owned a Tahoe LT and test drove Escalades and H1's when I finally drove the H2 I knew right away what I wanted. Just my opinion but you did ask. Oh yeah one more thing about the H1 that I did not like is that there is very little leg room in it especially on the passenger side.

Hey Ninja where did you get the auto sunroof setup from. I have to agree with you on how slow it opens. Is the even you are talking about the Hummer Event in South Bend on the 24th of this month? If so I will see you there...

Jeff Z
:cheers

03YellowH2
10-07-2003, 05:24 AM
Not that it's a big deal but what model year H1 did you test drive? They improved the foot/knee wheel size the the last several model years of H1's. There is a retrofit kit for older models as well to improve legroom.

I will agree though that with your drive train riding co-pilot with you in the H1 there is not a lot of room.

In the end we are all part of the same proud Hummer family, with a rich heritage and bright future.