Why Doesn't GM Offer XM On The H2??? [Archive] - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

Why Doesn't GM Offer XM On The H2???

L.A.P.D.
10-01-2003, 07:53 PM
Guys,

I don't know if I am the only one that is wondering this or not, but why isn't XM an option on the H2. It is an option on the Escalades and almost every other GM truck. We have XM on our 2003 Duramax Silverado, so I am just wondering why they would now offer navigation and OnStar without XM. I really enjoy the XM and I am trying to figure out why GM does things like this that make absolutely no sense to me.

Any thoughts on this?

Shawn

steve long
10-02-2003, 12:48 PM
I think the XM is an option on the 04's.

L.A.P.D.
10-02-2003, 12:58 PM
steve long,

It isn't listed as an option on the GM Buypower website.

Are you sure? If so, I will want our H2 built with XM.

Thanks for the reply!

Shawn

steve long
10-02-2003, 01:16 PM
Maybe I was thinking ov the NAV system.

L.A.P.D.
10-02-2003, 05:27 PM
steve long,

I just checked with the Hummer dealer that we are going to get our 2004 H2 from and the sales manager checked the option list and he confirmed that XM is NOT available as an option on the H2 at this time.

Just thought I would let everyone know.

I think that makes no sense to me at all since they offer XM on the Escalade in conjunction with the factory navigation unit.

Shawn

steve long
10-02-2003, 05:34 PM
The only thing that I can think of, would be the initial configuration of the stereo. Would the XM unit fit into the previously designed configuration? Was that particular system or "deal" signed off on, before XM was released? Maybe it's a purchasing related situation (sounds dumb). I've noticed that upper end GM vehicles have been getting the XM when the existing body style gets a revamping. Since the H2 was new in 03, I'd like to think that it SHOULD HAVE gotten XM in 03.

What about replacing the stock stereo for an upscale unit with XM? Not what you wanted to hear ... but I'm still envious!

dedo-man
10-03-2003, 05:20 PM
Im thinking that the Delph XM system will work fine with the current Nav unit already in place for the 2004?. Anyone have any experience with this matchup?

For that matter, can we take off the elongated antenna and replace with a Delph upgraded antenna? I was just on the Delph web site, they are advertising all kinds of upgraded units, including a antenna system.

Im on the fence with deciding to go with a 03' or 04' model now, just becouse the new antenna system doesnt sit well with me....I read in another post that the new antenna extends approx. 9" over the roof line of the hummer!

That seems a bit high to me............
:cry

HUMMERMAN
11-01-2003, 08:35 AM
Although the H2 is a GM product, it is built on it's own production line in it's own plant. It takes production line modification even for something that seems very simple as XM. Currently, the concern for the '04 H2 is improving the quality issues reported during the survey process. Wouldn't you rather have a vehicle with an improved shift pattern, less squeeks, less rattles, improved muffler, improved seatbelts, better weatherstripping, etc. The Delphi XM system is only about $350 and works great. Remember folks, the H2 is only 1 year new and improvements will certainly come with due time. Both GM and AM General are very focused on customer satisfaction. This means that all your wants and needs are certainly considered.

L.A.P.D.
11-04-2003, 10:19 PM
HUMMERMAN,

Is there a GM part number for the XM radio kit for the H2s? I would like to add it to our 04 H2 and have it work with our factory navigation headunit which I know it will if I can get the GM factory XM kit that is offered on the Escalades.

Do you have any info on this?

Shawn

Piz
11-05-2003, 12:22 PM
I think he's talking about the Delphi XM SkyFi unit.

FYI, XM will be in the '05s according to the GM Media website.

~Piz