H2 Air Pump, How Powerful? [Archive] - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

H2 Air Pump, How Powerful?

C5H2
03-24-2003, 05:29 PM
I think the Air pump is the coolest thing in world. I am a little suprised that it doesn't have a built in AC Power inverter, but I digress.

I know that is can pump up tires, which will be usefull for the vette on track days, but could it power,let's say, air tools? Maybe just an impact wrench so I can swap wheels.

If it isn't powerful enough, is there an upgrade out there yet?

Thanks

Troy Roberts
03-24-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by C5H2
but could it power,let's say, air tools? Maybe just an impact wrench so I can swap wheels.

Now that would be cool. :cool:

03YellowH2
03-25-2003, 06:12 AM
My first thought would be to say NO way! on the air tools but I could be just doing something wrong.

I say this because I recently used mine at an off-road event to reinflate the tires and found that the pressure was just not there to even get the tires back to being fully inflated (50psi).

Now, I will admit that I did not RTFM so I could be doing something wrong. My guess is the air hose is putting out no more than 50psi which I believe is not enough to power air tools with any effectiveness.

No upgrade to the system that I am aware of but I will say that's an interesting idea for an aftermarket solution...