XM Sat Radio [Archive] - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

XM Sat Radio

H2 NINJA
08-07-2003, 03:43 PM
Another ? similar to an earlier thread....

Has anyone installed XM on their H2? I'm currently looking at the Delphi system for the portability issues.

My main ? is - does it work well getting piped through an FM Station. Apparently the wiring harness to connect it directly into the radio hasn't been developed for the H2 yet. Although there is similar harnesses fro Suburbans, Yukons, etc.

Just curious!

Thanks! -- Matt

:banghead

AZHummer
08-10-2003, 11:06 PM
Hi Mat, PAC electronics out of CA is working on an interface module that will allow an external audio source to be into our system directly. Modulated audio sounds like poop so why bother with the satelite systems. They have a web site, they should have it ready very soon. That is the only way to go.

HUMTHIS
08-14-2003, 12:37 PM
I went with SIRIUS rather than XM as I needed to go with Kenwood to also use their MusicKeg MP3 player. Both untis are running through their FM modulator. The only negative i have found is that the volume level seems to be a bit lowerwhen run through the FM modualtor. Other than that both the MP3 changer and SIRIUS reciever works like a charm. This will get me by until their new high end video display receiver becomes available in the next few months. But so far so good.

H2 NINJA
08-17-2003, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the replies!!!

I appreciate the heads up reagrding the sound / volume thru the FM modulator. I think I'll stick it out until PAC or someone markets the appropriate equipment.

Thanks again!!:cheers

bfuller
09-12-2003, 10:29 AM
The part is now on the Peripheral Electronics web site:

http://peripheralelectronics.com/2002/aux_in.asp

Looks like you can buy this now from a distributor:

http://autosoundgear.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&specific=jpkomph8

Has anyone purchased and tried it? I am thinking of doing it.

bfuller
09-12-2003, 12:17 PM
Follow-up. I e-mailed the sales department and I got the response which indicates that this will not work. Hummer H2's don't have any slave products that I know about so I don't think there are any options.

-------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for the inquiry. Unfortunately the PXGM12 will not work in your vehicle. The slave unit must be installed form the factory (example: slave CD changer not in-dash, DVD player or XM). If your vehicle doesn’t have either one, it will not work.

Thanks
Derek
[email protected]