Computer Programming [Archive] - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

Computer Programming

KIDHUMMER
08-03-2003, 01:35 PM
Has anyone tried the computer programming? Does is make a big difference in performance? Are there any downsides? and what is the best computer programmer on the market?

Also is there any way to raise the top speed of the H2?

03YellowH2
08-04-2003, 08:14 PM
Pretty sure there have been several previous posts on this topic.

I have the Predator Programmer and think it's the best choice. Provides diagnostic capability in addition to programming.

Hard to tell on performance as I still am running stock intake and exhaust. Good for adjusting for larger tire sizes.

I'm running 37" MTR's.

whipplecharged
08-07-2003, 11:53 AM
I used the Xtremeflow Proflash on mine. It worked good. I was able to raise the top speed to 130 or unlimitted, change for my larger tires and get about 30 more HP out of my H2.

Whipplecharged

tbyrne
08-12-2003, 09:47 AM
The Predator programmers have been very popular. Besides just reprogramming your computer the user can also make adjustments to the fuel and timing as needed and it is a GM Specific Diagnostic Tool that allows you to rear and clear trouble codes.

Part # for the H2 is -

U7190 2003 6.0L H2 Hummer - in stock

Features:

Dyno Tested Performance Tunes

Diablosport has generated dyno tested tunes for 4.8L - 8.1L GM trucks, and LS1 and LS6 cars. Average real world power gains are in the 15-20 HP range in the cars and 20-30 HP in the truck line.

Diablosport Performance Tunes Re-Map:

Fuel Curves

Timing Curves

Torque Management

Extend Speed Limiters (on most applications)

Extend Rev Limiters

Part and Full Throttle Shift Points

Shift Timing

Shift Pressure

Predator allows the end user to make the following fine tuning adjustments:

Timing Table (+/- 10%)

Fuel Table (+/- 5%)

Idle (+/- 20%)

Speed Limiters

Rev Limiters

Part and Full Throttle Shift Points

Shift Timing

Shift Pressure

Re-Calibrate Speedometer for Gear and Tire Size Changes

DiabloSport Performance tunes require the use of Super Unleaded/ Premium grade fuel only.

GM Specific Diagnostic Tool

Predator can read and erase fault codes, monitor live data.

Tom

HUMTHIS
08-14-2003, 12:42 PM
I went with the Predator from TByrne. Though the change is noticable after reprogramming, the addition of the Dynatech header system really woke the truck up. I have noticed that the A/F ratio is running a bit richer and I will need to go back and retune a bit to compensate. I will probably be contacting Tom directly in the short term for aditional advice as to exactly what parameters to modify as I am not too familiar with the predator. I will be glad to see LS1 edit available soon and will probably switch to it at that time only as I am more familiar with it.

XE1
09-18-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by tbyrne
The Predator programmers have been very popular. Besides just reprogramming your computer the user can also make adjustments to the fuel and timing as needed and it is a GM Specific Diagnostic Tool that allows you to rear and clear trouble codes.

Part # for the H2 is -

U7190 2003 6.0L H2 Hummer - in stock

Tom

Hi Tom,

What kind of discount can I get online for the H2 Predator programmer?

Bao