Exhaust Systems [Archive] - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

Exhaust Systems

Chux
06-17-2003, 11:17 AM
OK. What's the deal here? Xtremeflow says they have the only system that works well at lower rpms, which is where most normal driving is done. Then there's the noise factor. Anybody got some recommendations for those of us who aren't going racing and just want a practical, good-looking upgrade?

whipplecharged
06-19-2003, 12:40 AM
What are you looking for in an exhaust system? You want daul tips that look pretty and doesn't make you any more power and/or are you looking for a that is a straight threw design and doesn't hold back pressure?

The question is what are you expecting the exhaust to do for your vehicle?

There are alot of sysytems out there and you are looking for help on the best bang for the buck. The Xtremeflow system was designed for the H2 directly. It was not a retro fit system like some of the others.

With all the time and different designs they tried to get the best for the vehicle they came up with asystem to give the H2 its maximun performance at all rpm's.

Big Z
07-18-2003, 11:39 AM
I have the Extreme flow on my rig. There isn't much to look at! unless you crawl under and look at the muffler. :) I do like the sound and added performance though. :cheers

Chux
07-19-2003, 06:30 PM
I installed the ExtremeFlow system - muffler and air intake. After 500 miles, the computer says I'm getting 1 mpg better - 14 instead of 13 - combined. Can't really tell much on the power. But the sound is much better. I'm going to have a Magnaflow dual outlet tip installed. I guess I'm happy. It's better than just being stock.

whipplecharged
07-24-2003, 01:01 AM
Chux,

Did you flash the computer with a programmer yet. That will help you make extra power. By using the Xtremeflow Power Flash or the Predator yopu will takre out the torque management. That makes a nice difference.

H2VIP
08-02-2003, 05:10 PM
I HAVE THIS MUFFLER AND AM HAPPY WITH IT.. IT IS NOT A SIMPLE INSTALLTION AND THE PIPE NEEDS TO BE MODIFIED BUT ANY GOOD MUFFLER SHOP CAN DO IT.
WOULD I DO IT AGAIN? YES.. EVEN AN OLD DUDE LIKE ME LIKES THE SOUND..