Performance Mods... [Archive] - Hummer H2 Forum: H2 forums

Performance Mods...

michfull
05-24-2003, 01:33 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm looking to do a couple of mods on my H2. First, exhaust. I'm looking at the Corsa Touring exhaust. I like Corsa's stuff - I have the Indy exhaust on my Z06. Anyway, does anyone have this exhaust? If so, would you share your impressions? Pics maybe? I don't want it louder so that's why I'm leaning toward the touring exhaust.

The other two things I want to do are computer and intake. I'm leaning toward the breathless performance intake. Any words of wisdom here?

I don't know what to think about the computer stuff - I've seen that you can send your computer somewhere and they mod it there (my dealer want $1000 for this!), and I've seen several different gizmo's you just plug into the computer. What's the difference/advantages/disadvantages to these different approaches? This is a bit confusing.

thanks in advance for responses!
-Mike

AZHummer
05-24-2003, 09:06 AM
Hi Mike, I put the Corsa on and it worked ok but I lost ground clearence. It hangs lower then the chassis rails and it rubbed on me when we did a Hummer off road meet here in AZ. I returned it to the dealer and I got the Bassini full dual system. It is completely tucked up in the chassis and the exit pipes are also tucked up better. The sound is great and the power is as good as the Corsa. The Corsa is a single in and out pipe from the muffler and the exit pipe also effects ground clearence. So I would not get the Corsa if you ever want to go off road. BTW Bassini is now Volant.

Randy

tbyrne
05-24-2003, 09:35 AM
BTW Bassini is now Volant.

Huh? These are two seperate companys :)

The Breathless Performance intakes looks like it will work very well and Volant is supposed to have an induction available in the near future. As far as computer programming goes the Predator programmer is the most popular that we carry. It plugs in under your dash and only takes a few minutes to upload the new program. Horsepower gains from this have been in the 15-20 range. This product will allow the user to make changes to the fuel and igniton curve to fine tune the vehicle but the parameters aren't wide enough for you to damage anything if you got carried away. It will also allow you to view real time data from the truck. I've been using and selling most of the handhelds on the market for years and feel that this is the best one available. They put together a very nice product.

Tom

AZHummer
05-24-2003, 09:45 AM
Tom the box was from Volant but the inside had Bassini's name on it. Maybe they are working together and you are not aware of it.

tbyrne
05-29-2003, 10:31 AM
I'll have to check into that.

Thanks for the info!

Tom

whipplecharged
06-03-2003, 09:33 AM
I have found that xtremeflow.com is selling the Predator for $549.99 They have it listed on there site for $699.99 but if you give them a call it is cheaper.